Thursday, August 8, 2013

Ham and Potato Soup


I personally love soups and could eat it all the time. After looking at different recipes, I’ve came up with my own.  Sadly, I’m the only one that liked this soup. My husband and kids are not fan of soup in general.

 


My version (measurements are an estimate as I did it more by eyes):

3 Large potatoes, diced
¼ to ½ cup of kernel corn (I used frozen corn)
¼ cup of celery, finely chopped
2-3 ounce of ham, diced (use frozen leftover ham)

1 ½ - 2 cups of chicken broth
½ a can of evaporated milk
1-2 tablespoon of margarine
2-3 tablespoon of flour
Salt and pepper (season to your liking)

 
In a sauce pan, put the potatoes, celery and corn. Add water just enough to cover the potatoes. Boiled until the potatoes are cook.  In the meantime, in a frying pan, melt the margarine.  Once it’s melted, add the flour, one tbsp at a time.  Mix well.  It will give you a paste. Then add the chicken broth.  It will become almost like gravy.  Once everything is blended, add the evaporate milk. Shimmer until the potatoes are cook. Add the diced ham. Take both pans of the heat.  Pour the frying pan mix in the sauce pan.  Stir well.

 
Hope you like it!

 

 
Do you like soup? What is your favorite?  How about the rest of the family?
 
 

9 comments:

  1. Yummy! I am a huge soup lover and will have to give this one a shot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so tasty! Glad to hear I'm not the only one that love soup :D

      Delete
  2. This looks delicious. Almost looks like clam chowder. Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is delicious. I does look a bit like clam chowder, but we don't put corn in ours ;)

      Delete
  3. Yumm... I love potato soup -- any kind of potato soup. This looks like a good one, although my family is like yours. Lame! More soup for us, right!?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lame, YES lol \
      But I do agree with you, more for us ;)

      Delete
  4. Mmm...looks delicious! I can almost smell it. I will definitely be giving this a try.

    ~Lorelai
    Life With Lorelai

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I smells SO GOOD!! The hardest part is to stop at one bowl ;)

      Delete