Saturday, August 10, 2013

Gardening 2013

I love gardening!  I'm far from being an expert, but I do learn something every year.  I have 3 raised bed of 4" x 8". I was so excited when my husband built the extra bed this year.  I think I was worst then a kid in a candy shop!  Every year, my daughter Valérie and I choose at least one new vegetable to grown. This year, we tried 10 more. Sometime it's a hit, sometime it's a miss. 

Our garden consist of :

Yellow wax beans
Green beans
Purple beans
Cherry tomatoes
Beefsteak tomatoes
Another kind of tomatoes
Radish
Peas
Snow peas
Cucumber
Carrots

These are my go to vegetables, as they grow very well.

New this year:
Purple peppers
Zucchini
Cauliflower (looks like it's going to be a miss)
Betts (looks like it's going to be a miss)
3 kinds of lettuce
Kale
Parsley
Spinach

It's growing slowly but surely.  The weather was not ideal in June, so some crops are blooming later then usual.  This week, we have finally started to collect vegetables from the garden. I am even able to froze some bean and snow peas.  Here is what we collected this morning (don`t mind my daughter that was still in her PJ and she looks so tired in this pic!)




Do you have a garden?  What do you grow in it?



2 comments:

  1. I wanted a garden so bad this year. I just never was able to plant one. I was going to grow onion, tomatoes, peppers, lots of herbs, corn, carrots, lettuce, zucchini, green beans, and cucumbers. Next year it's going to happen!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope it happens for you next year! Gardening is therapeutic ;) That is were I escape when I need a little break from the girls haha

    ReplyDelete